Friday, July 26, 2013

What I'm Reading v.2

It only took me one week to be two days late for my own weekly project. This bodes well.

On My Nightstand
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead 
[Sheryl Sandberg]


I bought this book about 3 months ago, right before life got super crazy. I set it (and everything else) aside. Brittany and I were talking about it recently and she inspired me to pick it back up. Oh my gosh. You may have caught my Twitter ravings as I blew through the first third of the book.

Let's just say I got my soapbox out more than once. I don't get fired up about many things, but women in leadership is one thing guaranteed to get me going.

I peer pressured Lisa into ordering the book so we can talk about it. I was jonesing for the perspective of another woman in a field dominated by men. If you've read it and would like to get in on that conversation, maybe we can set up a Google+ hangout and chat. Girl power, solidarity, all that jazz.

Recently Closed
The American Heiress

I have admitted on many occasions that I don't read much fiction. I have a bad habit of going back to novels I've known and loved, but it is uncommon for me to seek out new works of fiction. But a friend whose taste I respect was raving about this and it was on sale at Target so...
Thoughts to come later.

Recently Added to Goodreads
Getting to 50/50 & Cinderella Ate My Daughter

If a book I'm loving mentions a book, I want to read it. That's one of the biggest contributors to my little problem.

Around Blogland
Lisa's Yarns
Lisa and I have been blog friends for years now. She's a fellow francophile, book lover, and she's recently found herself a northerner relocated to the south. I might know something about that.

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I REALLY hope we can arrange a meet-up while I am living down here as I'd love to meet you face-to-face. We'd have epic book discussions, I think!

    My copy of Lean In arrived this week. I can't wait to dig in and would love to discuss it with others if you know of other people who have read it. We could do a google hang out virtual book club! :) I am in a Women's Networking group at work and people raved about that book!

    I just finished "Carry On Warrior" which I loved, and I started a light fiction book called "The Last Letter from Your Lover." It's pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't made much progress on bread & wine this weekend (in-laws were in town) but hope to finish it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read Lean In for a while too. And actually seeing you and Lisa talk about it on twitter is what inspired me to recommend it to my book club. I think we're supposed to be reading it in October, and I'm already getting excited about it!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...