Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

I read my first Shakespeare in 5th grade and I have been hooked ever since. My paternal grandfather was a nut for him and passed that love on to me as soon as he could.

A quick weekend trip to London while I was living in Paris in 2008 mandated a stop at Shakespeare's Globe Theater.

On Saturday night the girls in my old community group and I met up to go see Shakespeare in the Park. Another friend of ours works for the Nashville Shakespeare Company and it was an added benefit to see her. This was my first foray into the world without my crutches and while I paid with swelling later, it was totally worth it.
Bandshell. Hilarious play. Nutella Banana crepe from one of Nashville's amazing food trucks.
Perfection

They performed A Midsummer Night's Dream under the stars and twinkle lights and it was beyond perfect.

I'm obsessed with twinkle lights + Nashville skies.
Let me just say that I completely adore the people of Nashville. I love that on a warm September night 1,500 people (you read that right!) gathered for music, food trucks, and the words of the bard.

2 comments:

  1. In 8th grade in went to England and got to go to the Globe Theater. I think we saw The Merchant of Venice but I don't quite remember. Unfortunately since I was with a group of other 8th graders about half got bored in the middle of the show and our chaperons had us all leave. But I'd love to go back someday, this time though, be able to stay for the whole play!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...