Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Twitterature :: September 2013

I've loved Anne @ The Modern Mrs. Darcy for a long time and thought that today I would finally link up with her short-and-sweet book review round-up, Twitterature.



Here's what I've been dabbling in, in 140 characters or less (or close to it).

The Broker by John Grisham


Presidential pardons. CIA intrigue. Witness protection as a love letter to Italy. Not too shabby.

Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer


Digging into the book version of a study I did in 2011. Couldn't come at a better time. Step 1 to hear from God: learn to stop talking & listen.

The Gospel of Yes by Mike Glenn



Only one chapter in but already impressed. Challenging the idea that the Christian life requires being miserable. Better to find joy by working out of our unique gifts & calling.

An Army at Dawn by Rich Atkinson


A nearly minute by minute account of WWII as it unfolded in North Africa. Impeccably researched. No wonder he won the Pulitzer. Part of a trilogy, can't wait to get my hands on the others.

Oh, and the August issue of Cooking Light. That counts.

\
What have you been reading this month?

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm a nerdy girl/lawyer, too! Your inclusion of "Cooking Light" cracks me up! I am the queen of buying magazines (Cooking Light among others) and then never reading them. I think it's an aspirational thing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave my Grandpa the book The Army at Dawn and he loved it. When he passed, my grandma gave it back to me (along with several other books) so I do intend to read it. Good to know that you enjoyed it!

    I have been a reading machine this month. I have mostly read lighter stuff as things in my life feel pretty heavy/serious these days. The best book I read, which was not light material, was And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. He is such an amazing author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm addicted to books about studying the Bible. If only I was as addicted to studying the Bible!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...