Monday, September 30, 2013

What I'm Into :: September 2013


I've been internet friends with Leigh for years now and she was actually one of the first Nashville people I met "in real life" after I moved here in January 2012 (see #42 on my list). She does a fun monthly link-up post called What I'm Into and this month I'm joining in. No promises that I'll be consistent next month but here's what caught my attention in September.

On the Page
September was Month 2 of my broken ankle recovery and I was just beginning to work my way off crutches. That meant plenty of time with my leg up to read. The only books I read were fiction which is a huge departure for me! I read:

At First Sight (Nicholas Sparks), The Confession (John Grisham), and The Broker (John Grisham)

I'm currently reading: Discerning the Voice of God (Priscilla Shirer) and An Army at Dawn (Rick Atkinson)

On the Small Screen
Fall TV hasn't meant much to me in nearly 10 years. I can't remember the last time I intentionally structured my week to sit and watch a show as it aired on television. Much of that stems from not having cable and never, in my life, having a DVR. That said. I love TV shows! I just watch them on Netflix and Hulu+ :)

I'm currently binging on:
Law & Order SVU, Parenthood, Nashville, Once Upon a Time, Master Chef, and the Biggest Loser

On the Web
I have been adding blogs to my Feedly like nobody's business. When Google Reader died (sob) I started with a blank slate. I know that there are still blogs that I used to read devotedly that have fallen through the cracks, but it's been fun to discover new little internet places. Here are the last 3 posts I "saved for later" which I guess is my new version of starring something in GR:
- Want to ROCK your day-to-day? Do what you know. (The Small Change Project)
This is a new (to me) blog and I love the concept and intentionality behind it. I think it's easy to overcomplicate solutions to life's difficult seasons, but I'm going to be doing some analysis to figure out what I know works for me.
- Anything but Not Everything. (Michael Hyatt)
Great quote. Harder to remember every day.
- Stuff I Want to Do While the Air Is Crisp. (Arkansassy)
Ty is a long time blog friend and her fall bucket list reminded me a) to share with you my Summer Bravery Bucket List and b) to write one for fall.

On My iPhone
I have yet to make the switch the marveled and despised iOs7. The reason is simple: there isn't enough room on my phone until I switch over all my photos. Whoops. Because 12,000 pictures of my ankle swelling (to track my healing progress!) need to be saved. This one's worth it though!


On the "Radio"
One of my new daily practices (have I mentioned those? No?) is to listen to music somehow, some way, at least once a day. I live in Music City after all!

Lately I've been "spinning" an awful lot of Sara Bareilles. Old school, though. I don't have the new album yet. If any of you want to give it to me, I will not say no.

On My Calendar
Being homebound for most of this month meant that I didn't have a whole lot of excitement going on. I did however have to delete something off of my calendar and it nearly broke my heart. I had to give up my tickets to see Maroon 5 in Atlanta :(
On This Blog
This post marks my NINTH post this month here at NextPageNash. That's a record since this blog was born, in case you wondered. I'm sure you were. Here's a peek at what went on:

Most Viewed Posts:
Twitterature::September 2013 & navigating my new "normal" - the first two weeks

Most Conversation in the Comments:
on being goal oriented & a legal fiction

On My Mind
I've been thinking a lot about brokenness and healing. For obvious reasons and the not-so-obvious. Being literally knocked down by physical brokenness and watching and waiting for my ankle to heal gave me a lot of time to examine some other areas of my life I didn't realize were broken (or just how broken they were) and think about what the healing process would require. Not quite there yet, or able to put it into concise words, but it's been a huge season of growth. Painful, but worth it.



What do you have to say for your September?

5 comments:

  1. SVU marathons are my crack. I love that show a little too much, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to have you play along, Amanda! I'm impressed you read fiction- I remember that's not your forte. I haven't switched to ios7 yet but mostly because I'm a slow adapter to change. Hope your ankle is doing better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what you think of An Army At Dawn. I have that book as it's one of the books I took from my grandpa's collection when he passed (and it was one I gave to him, actually). He loved it, so I do want to read it eventually!

    September was actually a really good month for me. I got out of the boot, went on 2 fun trips, and felt well enough to do some hiking. It was probably my best month of the year thus far, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Nashville is on Netflix? I have wanted to watch that one from the beginning. Well, I may have to give up exercise to make time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about Netflix but I've been watching it on Hulu! :)

      Delete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...