Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oh hey there

I wonder if I'll ever be consistent with writing here...I know I'm capable of it, because I have overflowing blog archives from 2008-2010 to prove it. I'm planning to try and sit and come up with some kind of posting schedule and see if that helps.

So, how are things?

October hasn't been the kindest month to me (let's be real, 2013 in general hasn't been kind) but a few majorly good things did happen and you deserve to know about them!

One. NO MORE BROKEN ANKLE!!

At the end of September, my sports medicine guy (makes me sound so athletic!) told me my bones were beautiful and I am amazing. Fully healed! He said I can run a marathon and while I have no desire to run that far...I can't deny that I almost want to train for a half just out of spite. I haven't tried jogging yet, but have done a few long walks and a hike and I think that in the next few weeks I'll be able to trot a bit!

Two. I GOT A JOB!!

I mentioned a few posts ago that I made the decision to leave my job at the beginning of the summer. That was, quite honestly, the hardest decision I've ever made. It was absolutely the right one, though, and I'm proud I chose to put my own health first. Do you know what is one of the most unpleasant experiences out there? Job searching. I hope I don't have to do it again for years and years. It took 4 (excruciating) months - 2 of those consumed not with cover letters but with babying my broken ankle - but I finally found a great job on all fronts and I start on Halloween. It's a new start that I am very ready for!

So, that's about it. While the next few weeks will still be tough, I'm eagerly anticipating the holidays this year when I'll be settled into my new role and my bank account won't be making me cry.

Tell me something good!

{the day the doc told me I'm healed - pumpkin spice latte to celebrate being boot free!}

6 comments:

  1. Pleased your bones are now behaving!!! Well done on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting a new job! That's exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the job, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you are fully healed and out of the boot! And that you found a job. Maybe the tide is turning for you? I sure hope so as I know 2013 has not been kind to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on both new job & your healing :) Go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...