Monday, March 24, 2014

Home

(01) Move into a "big girl" house
Completed 02/08/14

When I drafted my current 101 in 1,001 list, the very first item that came to mind was moving into a house. At the time, I seriously doubted whether I would cross this one off, as the thing I hate most is moving.

I've been pretty happy with the places I've lived since graduating from college, but every single one of them included sharing a wall with my neighbors. The older I got, the less I wanted to be that close to people.

I talked a little bit last winter about my housing search (what I thought would be a two week process stretched into three months!). Although it was excruciating at the time, I'm glad it took as long as it did because I love my new place. I found my roommate on Craigslist, surprisingly enough.

Not sharing space with neighbors and having an actual yard (with a fire pit!) is amazing. It's an older house which I love, and is miraculously all one floor. That wasn't a deal breaker, but ever since I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle, I've been iffy with stairs. Another perk is living in East Nashville which is one of the most up and coming neighborhoods in town. The area is crawling with hipsters and I'm definitely not cool enough, but that'll rub off on me a little I'm sure.

My word for last year was "rooted" and moving here definitely feels like another way I'm putting down roots in Nashville. It hasn't been easy to fight for a future here, but I'm glad I haven't given up.

One of my favorite things about this house is the little breakfast bar (with glitter countertops!). And my third roommate Sampson is pretty cool too.



5 comments:

  1. That is great that you found a place to live that you like and that the roommate situation is working out. I can see the appeal of living in a house versus an apartment or condo. I really do not like where i currently live but I am stuck here until I can find a job back home as it doesn't make sense to move when I know I am not going to be here much longer (at least I hope I won't be here much longer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so lovely! Happy for you.
    (for some reason I couldn.t post comments on you blog for the last few blogposts. Argh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! It really does make a difference living in a house, doesn't it? I moved into my roommate's house over a year ago and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who doesn't need a bit of glitter/sparkle in their lives?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...