Monday, June 9, 2014

Progress Report: #11-25

{inspiration}

11. Compile a list of my favorite inspiring quotes - Done June 2014
Since this goal is a continuous one, it won't be officially "complete" until my challenge ends at the end of the month. That said, I'm calling this one good. My favorite quote discovered during this project?
Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation. (Elizabeth Gilbert)
12. Swim with dolphins - Incomplete
Considering I haven't been on a vacation since this challenge started, this is a sad no.

13. Watch the sun rise over the ocean - Incomplete

14. Have a twice-a-month coffee date with myself - Done June 2014
I've absolutely treasured this goal.

 
From a favorite  East Nashville spot: Barista Parlor

15. Greet every day with a smile (no snooze button) - Done 01.31.12

16. Go to the opera - Incomplete

17. Listen to the symphony - Done 04.12.12

The first time I heard the Nashville symphony was in 2012 at Show Hope's staging of Cinderella. I haven't been back to the Schermerhorn since then, but I always love hearing them in the summer when they play at city parks!

18. Watch a ballet - Incomplete

19. Attend the theater - Done 04.16.14
One of my dear friends and I went to see Wicked at TPAC! This was my third time seeing it: first time, London. Second time, San Francisco. I can't say this was the best staging I've seen, but it's always fun.


20. Go to a comedy club - Incomplete

21. Ride in a hot air balloon - Incomplete

22. Watch 15 foreign films - Incomplete
I did watch a few movies on Netflix, but nowhere near fifteen.

23. Watch all the Oscar "Best Picture" films one year - Incomplete
I've sort of fallen out of the habit of going to the movies, especially new releases. Someday I'll do this.

24. Visit 5 museums - 4/5
I've been to four museums so far, and I'm hoping that I can fit in time for the final one this month so I can mark this complete!

25. Go to 3 concerts - Done 05.26.12
I've been to more than three, but definitely haven't taken as much advantage of living in MUSIC City as I should have over the past two and a half years. 

Six, maybe seven, out of thirteen complete. Looks like I'm holding pretty steady to my 50% completion rate.

Tell me: what's the last goal you completed?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you are doing pretty good so far! If you are looking for some good foreign films to get to 15 I totally recommend: Run Lola Run (oldie but goodie) and Amelie and A Very Long Engagement (some great Audrey Tautou films). Not on Netflix sadly but wonderful movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your coffee date idea. I think I need to do this for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job. Wicked is awesome, isn't it? I could recommend a few foreign films if you need some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wicked so so very much, I could see it over and over again. And hurray for coffee dates with yourself, the loveliest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm getting decent at my blogging 3 times a week goal. not exactly an earth shattering one. beyond running goals, i don't tend to set any for myself.

    and i'm longing for the beach too!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...