Sunday, June 29, 2014

Progress Report: #54-101 (the end)

This iteration of my 101 in 1,001 came to an end yesterday, June 28th, 2014. I was out of town all last week and didn't want to move onto what's next (there's something next!) without taking time to look over the second half of the list. Granted, in lesser detail than earlier posts. 

{connections}
(54) College Roommate reunion DONE 12.28.11
(55) Attend my 5 year college reunion Incomplete
I wanted to make it up to my alma mater last fall, but my pesky broken ankle intervened and cancelled the trip.
(56) Attend my 10 year high school reunion Incomplete
This is due to happen in July, but it has been on and off and on again to the point I doubt it will happen. I have work travel the same time, so won't be attending (and have to admit that I'm not heartbroken with disappointment).
(57) Catch up with a friend each week DONE June 2014
(58) Send 20 handwritten letters Incomplete
I didn't mail one single letter.
(59) Make a list of my friends' birthdays and send each of them a card on time for a year Incomplete
(60) Give a "just because" gift DONE 06.27.14
I went antiquing with my mom last week and bought her a set of vintage metal glasses. She loves them!
(61) Babysit for a friend with kids so they can have the day off DONE 10.04.12

{career}
(62) Pass the Bar Exam DONE 11.18.11
(63) Set up budget to pay back student loans DONE 01.16.12
(64) Attend one professional development or networking event each quarter Incomplete
Since I've reoriented my career goals over the course of this challenge, this didn't wind up happening.
(65) Read 42 new books or articles in my field Incomplete
(66) Volunteer as a mentor for undergraduate or law students DONE 12.18.11

{body}
(67) Complete the Couch-to-5K program Incomplete
I got very close to completing this before I broke my ankle and am so sad that I haven't yet resumed running.
(68) Run a 5K Incomplete
(69) Sign up for yoga classes Incomplete
(70) Play a game of kickball Incomplete
(71) Learn a new sport Incomplete
(72) Set a weight loss goal and meet it DONE 12.30.11
(73) Give up soda for at least one month DONE 02.09.12
(74) Give up sugar for at least one month DONE 02.09.12
(75) Get my wisdom teeth pulled Incomplete
Nope...and I do need to get this done. Likely all 4. Ouch.
(76) Get a pedicure Incomplete
(77) Get a massage Incomplete
(78) Sign up for a CSA box Incomplete

{finances}
(79) Put $5 in Paris account for every goal completed Incomplete - balance owed $210
(80) Put $10 in savings for every goal that goes uncompleted Incomplete - balance owed $590
(81) Be {consumer} debt free Incomplete
(82) Buy a new (to me) car Incomplete
At the start, this was meant to upgrade my car. Now I don't own one at all!
(83) Donate money to my college DONE 02.01.14
(84) Sponsor a missionary DONE
(85) Choose 3 organizations to contribute to financially DONE June 2014

{amusement}
(86) Play a round of miniature golf DONE 12.20.11
(87) Play bingo Incomplete
(88) Go to the drive-in Incomplete
The town I grew up in had a drive-in theater and it means summer to me. There isn't one in Nashville and I haven't figured out where the closest one is yet.
(89) Ride a horse Incomplete
Fun fact: I have never been horseback riding. In my life!
(90) Pick some fruit Incomplete
(91) Go on a sailboat Incomplete
(92) Discover 10 new (to me) musicians (4/10) DONE June 2014
(93) Learn to drive a stick shift Incomplete
(94) Finish Oman study abroad photo book Incomplete
Not even started...
(95) Buy something at a garage sale DONE 06.26.14
I'm calling an antique store the equivalent of a yard sale. I nabbed two of my childhood favorite: Nancy Drew!

Photo: Hit the vintage Nancy Drew jackpot!

(96) Watch The West Wing from start to finish DONE 07.01.13
(97) Buy 25 things off of Etsy Incomplete
(98) Do something spontaneous DONE 05.30.13
(99) Do something out of my comfort zone DONE 10.30.12
(100) Complete a goal I didn't even know I had DONE 05.03.12
(101) Document the completion/progress of each goal DONE 06.29.14
Not as faithfully as I'd have liked, but documented nonetheless.

And there you have it. One thousand days later, it's finished. The final verdict? 42/101 Complete
The first time around I managed to cross off many more, nearly 70 I think. Although I'm disappointed in myself, over the course of this endeavor I've moved cross-country, had multiple job transitions, moved several times, and had a major injury. So to get to nearly fifty percent is commendable. 

I've spent a lot of time over the past few months as the project drew to a close wondering whether this was the end. Certainly six and a half years is a long time to keep up with anything! Although I wavered, I determined I wasn't done - I had one more round in me. So come back tomorrow to hear about Round 3: Unfinished Business!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you call lists like this a success if it led you or motivated you to do more than you would have if you hadn't made the list! So I would totally consider this a success, even if you didn't do as many things as you would have liked. Plus, like you said, you've had a lot of big changes that have required a lot of focus and energy!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...