Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day Zero Project - Month 7 Update

I want to get back into the habit of doing monthly progress reports on the Project, if for nothing else than it helps me stay motivated. Here's how things have been going so far, seven months into the project. You can see the full list here.


In Progress
#7 Visit a museum (3/10)
While I was in Washington, DC in January I was able to get a private tour of Ford's Theater, where President Lincoln was assassinated. It was amazing!



#11 Read every book on my bookshelves (9)
A friend asked me how many books I actually own, and I didn't know. So, while I was assembling a new bookshelf, I took the opportunity to dust, reorganize, and count my books. Grand total? 260 as of January 2015. Challenge: accepted.




And yes, I did organize my books using the Library of Congress catalog system. I managed to read two books since the holidays: Amy Poehler's Yes, Please and Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian.

Completed
#70 Go to the theater
In January, some coworkers and I took in the Nashville Shakespeare Festival's winter show, Twelfth Night. It was great!

Looking Forward
In the next month or so I'm looking forward to doing some more reading, going to a work conference in Chicago (and seeing college roommates!), and choosing a new goal or two to work on.

I need your help on one thing: Goal #33 was to buy something from SkyMall. Alas, the SkyMall is no more. Any suggestions on a replacement goal?

Stats (as of 2/19/15)
Completed - 3 (2.97%)
In Progress - 15 (14.85%)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you used the Library of Congress system to categorize your books. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Googling Library of Congress catalog system.

    - Linda (http://linda.curious-notions.net)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard rumors of Sky Mall disappearing, but didn't realize it was actually true! Although since I had to know the truth, I went to their website and you can still order from them. Plus it looks like everything is discounted. So if you still are looking to complete that goal now may actually be the best time to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...